Waltzing Matilda Centre Entry
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Winton, Queensland (QLD)
- Product code: WMCE
If there is one song that lives in the heart of all Australians, it is "Waltzing Matilda"...Winton's Waltzing Matilda Centre tells the story of Waltzing Matilda, Winton, and the Outback region.
More than a song, Winton's Waltzing Matilda Centre includes:
- World Class Museum - The first museum in the world dedicated to a song, the new Waltzing Matilda Centre boasts state of the art interpretation, telling the story of Waltzing Matilda.
- Qantilda Museum - These fascinating interactive displays tell the story and history of the Winton Shire, including the Great Shearers Strike of 1891, and the birth of QANTAS.
- Exhibition Space - Waltzing Matilda: A Song for Everyone. Bush Ballad. Unofficial Anthem. National Treasure. An exhibition that celebrates the song and the music of Waltzing Matilda.
- Art Gallery - With a keen interest in supporting artists, the Art Gallery includes various collections and touring exhibitions.
- Fine Eatery - Need a coffee break or a meal? The Tuckerbox Cafe serves up healthy, delicious, nutritional food daily. Available for catering.
- Award Wining Architecture - From the ashes of the fire on 18 June 2015, the Waltzing Matilda Centre has been reborn. Exhibitions aside, the new Waltzing Matilda Centre is a sight to behold in itself. It was designed by award winning architects, Cox Architecture.